Friday, September 16, 2011

1st Post

There is just so much going on in my life, so the logical thing to do is to share it with the world!  The blog is called "I run by faith."  Simple explanation...for about 2 years I have been running.  3 half marathons, 1 10-k, and a few 5-k's.  I may not be too much faster than an 80 year old lady on a scooter, but I find running to be very relaxing...in a painful sort of way.  The faith part...well, I'm a deacon in a Lutheran church and I am in the process of becoming a pastor.  So, in addition to work, family and everyday stress, I wonder if I can survive 26.2 miles and I wonder why God can't find someone who isn't as messed up as me to be a pastor...there must be 100 guys more suited to the task...just in my neighborhood!! 

So, that's it...this blog will be about my runs...the pains, blisters and struggles of the road...and the struggles of writing sermons every week,  caring for the people who put up with me every Sunday, and trying to find a way of writing a 3 page autobiography for seminary without sounding cheesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment