Sunday, January 29, 2017

Here we go....again!

For some time now I have wanted to get back to writing here, but being a pastor and a student required me to do a lot of writing, so I thought it best to take it easy on the writing. I am done with school (for now - more on that in a separate post) so in theory I should have more time to put down some of my musings. Today is my 46th birthday and I have to say that the past few days have been wonderful - and it's not the new USC jersey or the chocolate chip muffie (Yum!) talking! In my old age I have come to realize that there is great joy in the little things - finishing a nice 11 mile run, spending time with your daughter getting stuff done, and having a nice lunch with friends to name a few. I guess it's becoming more and more evident to me what a blessing it is to be able to serve as a pastor and to have such a wonderful life. The work of a pastor is never boring and often includes doing what is needed...such as resealing a leaking roof...but it is always rewarding and joyful to serve God and His people.


Running has also been going very well - there are 49 days left until the LA Marathon and my training is going better than expected, given the rash of rain storms here in LA, that is not only encouraging, but also a bit surprising. The goal for this year is quite simple: finish in less than 5 hours. How do I get there? Consistent running and maybe drop of few lbs.! I had promised my wife that I would not run the LA Marathon this year, but the gravitational pull of running such a wonderful race was more than I could handle and so I signed up and I now prepare to run 26.2 miles through the streets of LA. I can hardly wait!!

There is still much to say, and maybe over the next weeks I will put words to my thoughts, but for now I will call it a night. May God richly bless you and yours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment