Monday, December 17, 2012

Four Forty Two

442...four-forty-two! That is my mile count right now for this year!! That would be approximately 700,000 steps...and would take me from Flagstaff, AZ to Disneyland...not bad for an old chubby guy. So as we look to 2013 (assuming the Mayans are wrong and we live past 12/21/12) what should I shoot for next year? 500...600...or a nice round 750?? All of those seem doable...750 breaks down to less than 16 miles a week...that's not too bad...so do I go for 1,000 miles in a year?? That might be a stretch...21 miles a week is a big commitment. I guess I have a few more days to ponder my running goal for next year. The only running goal I set for this year I accomplished in March - to run a marathon - which might be an indication of why I had 8 total miles in the month of April, so a year long goal might be a good idea. Any thoughts?



As more details emerge from the tragic events of Friday in Newtown Connecticut we continue to offer our prayers for those who lost loved ones in that horrific event. We realize that we should turn to our heavenly Father in these times and pour out our sorrow, confusion and even anger on Him and allow Him to comfort and guide us.

No comments:

Post a Comment