Wednesday, December 26, 2012

History of Shoes

Right to left:
Nike Zoom Vomero 3 - 500+ miles (super fit, "Squishy" bouncy feel)
Nike Zoon Vomero 5 - 400+ miles (a tad too long, same feel as the Vomero 3's, but the fit made them second fiddle)
Saucony  Triumph 9 - 78.2 miles (Fit like a glove, no bounce, but still a soft landing)
Brooks Glycerin 10 - 5.0 miles (Nice fit, feels like there is a spring in the heel)


It's funny the things that make you feel a little nostalgic. I picked up a new pair of running shoes and I figured it was time to officially retire my first pair; It's safe to say that 500 miles was enough, but I had to take one last picture. There are nearly 1,000 miles represented in those shoes; some of those miles have been fun, some have been a lot of work...but every one was totally worth it!! As New Years approaches I wonder what God has in store for me for 2013...I hope it includes lots of miles...and maybe another pair of shoes. To quote the great philosopher Forrest Gump - "You can tell a lot about a person by their shoes." 

No comments:

Post a Comment